Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Uncle Panagiotis and the Psychic

.
Demetrios’ Great Uncle Panagiotis, while he was in America, once went to a psychic, a large, black woman, who, promising to tell him the future, went into a trance.

“What do you see?” he asked.

“I see a woman.”

“Tell me about her.”

So the psychic described the woman in great detail.

“Now what do you see?” asked Uncle Panagiotis, after a while.

“I see a man.”

“Describe him.”

So she did, in great detail.

“Now what do you see?” asked Uncle Panagiotis, after another while.

“I see a baby.”

“What about the baby?”

“I don’t know. I can’t see it very clearly.”

“Well, then,” said Uncle Panagiotis, “how much do I owe you?”

So she told him and he paid her.

Then he said, “Now let me tell you what you have done. I was visualizing my mother, and you described her very accurately. Then I was visualizing my father, and you described him very accurately. Then I was visualizing my brother who died at birth. I never knew him, so I couldn’t picture him very well at all, and neither could you. In short, you have done nothing but read my mind; you cannot see the future at all!” She agreed and he left.


(Wait, wait a sec, Uncle Panagiotis! She could “only” read your mind?)

0 comments: