Sunday, January 6, 2008

Built-in Weapons!

.
Kathy (dear daughter-in-law) decided recently it was time to put the finishing touches on the twins’ potty training, time to get ‘em to do it the way Daddy does it.

So she stood them in front of the toilet, floated a Cheerio in the bowl, and told them to aim at it. (Is that the way you young parents do it these days, or was it her own, very ingenious, idea?)

Instant success! That Cheerio provided, in their father’s words, “An excellent incentive.”

But there were some unforeseen factors. First, these are twins. Second, the exercise was too easy. Almost immediately they sought and found numerous alternative targets. And of course the ultimate target, amid shrieks of laughter, was each other!

Kathy stood by, helpless from her own laughter.

She had a lot of cleaning up to do afterwards.

2 comments:

Christopher D. Hall said...

Yikes!

I am familiar with that sibling "feeding off each other." Our middle two are 22 mos apart, but they act like twins sometimes, giggling and conspiring, sharing a glance and then running off to create some havoc.

Funny stuff!

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Hi, Pr. Hall,

Welcome back from vacation.

I've been following your blog and am glad good things are happening in your congregation.

My brother and sister are 13 months apart -- and 3 and 4 years younger than I, respectively.

That's why, beginning when I was 9, I prayed every day and every night for a little sister "of my own", and that was Barbara, whom now, apparently, I'm having to give back to Him Who gave her to me.