Thursday, July 9, 2009

We're Home!

We arrived, safe and sound, yesterday evening. Well, safe, anyway; sound is another matter...

There was Internet connection where we were in England, but my laptop doesn't run on their electricity and the battery only lasted half an hour. In Greece, I have a transformer. But in England, the Greek one doesn't work, because the shapes of American, Greek, and English electric sockets and plugs are all different. So I've suffered the acute frustration of being incommunicado all this while. There wasn't even a telephone in our hotel room! Apparently, the cell phone has made stationery phones outdated.

Anyway, check back and I'll try to post our adventures over the next few days. And we did have some real adventures, too! (The trouble with adventures, of course, is that they only become adventures afterwards; while they are still in progress, they are usually nightmares.)

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

Welcome home!

I can imagine feeling frustrated at not being able to blog or communicate in this way.

Looking forward to hearing more!

DebD said...

Welcome Home! So sorry about the adventures of the nightmare type. Whenever people would ask me how our family vacation to Italy was I told them it was an Adventure, not a vacation. but, we only had one or two actual "nightmares".

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Thank you both!

Yes, well, we had what threatened to be a nightmare, but it worked out well. Things do, usually...

I'm so glad to be back in touch with you!

Dixie said...

Anastasia,

Welcome back! I use the adapters that comes with a global transformer pack for my laptop. No need to use the transformer, just the adapter. I wish I had known you didn't have any, I could have sent you some. Next time...let me know and I will send a couple to you.-----R